This page will be updated as we know more, and the most recent update was made on Monday 1 November at 11am. We will keep you informed. Regularly check your emails, SZApp, Compass Parent Portal and this webpage.
Please read the latest newsletter for information about return to school. Yes - we are as excited as you are!
- All students have now returned for face-to-face learning.
- View the CECG Roadmap here.
- ACT Health has recommended that schools minimise the co-mingling of children during the school day. To this end, having sought Catholic Education’s approval, we are forming cohorts of children to ensure that children mix with a common group of students during class and break times.
- We encourage you to drop off and pick up your children at
- Drive-Through (Consider arriving in the afternoon at about 3.10pm to reduce your wait time, and ease congestion around the school.) Mr Pollard and Mrs Cole will be there to help. Remember to be patient as we remember our protocols and get back into a routine.
- the Church carpark in the morning, and the upper courts in the afternoon. Walk your child to the K/1 playground gate. Please remember social distancing.
- Students in Year 3 - 6 may wear masks. Here is some good advice to help you teach your child how to put on, wear and take off a face mask.
- Please send your child in full summer uniform, and with a drink bottle (bubblers are closed).
If you have any questions or concerns, these can be directed to the front office between 8.30am and 3.30pm, Monday to Friday.
The pandemic has brought many changes and challenges for children, young people, and families all around Australia. There are so many questions about the impacts and how we can best support those in our care. If you would like to make contact with our wonderful school counsellor, Rachel Corcoran, she can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our students deserve the best remote learning we can offer. That's why we've taken time as a teaching community to carefully consider a rationale for our practices. Our vision is to deliver learning that is equitable, balanced and sustainable.
Our remote learning has been designed to serve the needs of our community.
We offer opportunities for students to learn in front of a screen and away from it.
Our plan is sustainable and takes into consideration our diverse parent population.
Online Remote Learning
Families will be contacted with information to help you and your child to log onto and navigate inside your remote learning classroom.
Having trouble logging in? Our usernames and passwords are case sensitive. Enter them exactly as they appear on the sticker provided with the Goodie Bag!
If you have any questions, please contact your child's class teacher.
The information below was last updated on 26 August 2021.
See Saw is the key platform being used by Kindergarten, Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3. Timetables and activities will be available here. Teachers will provide you with information regarding how to access and log into Seesaw.
Google Classroom is your child's virtual classroom in Year 4, Year 5 and Year 6. Students in these year levels are very familiar with this platform. This is your first port of call.
We waited, and researched the video conferencing platforms that were being used overseas and here in Australia. We're glad we did! The safety of our students is important to us. Students, families and teachers will be able to use Microsoft Teams to communicate with one another in a secure environment.
Instructions for how to set up, login and join a Teams Meeting:
Imagine the best stories being read aloud to you by our favourite storytellers – well that's Story Box Library!
We get kids excited about reading, inspire their imaginations and let them have fun with stories, improving their language and literacy skills along the way. With an ever-growing library, suitable for preschool and primary aged children, it really is Storytime, Anytime!
Viewer Username: StMattys
Viewer Password: SM2614
Can't borrow from the library? Never fear! SORA is here!
Students can now borrow ebooks and audio books using a new app called SORA!
Other Websites That May Be of Interest
Say 'Hi!' to Father Simon, and stay connected to the Parish.
For Protocols in the Archdiocese of Canberra-Goulburn re: COVID-19 go to https://www.catholicvoice.org.au/
Catholic Voice https://www.catholicvoice.org.au/mass-online/
Mass for you at Home https://massforyou.com.au/
Mass On Demand https://www.youtube.com/user/cathnews
|A wonderful page for kids about COVID. You'll find a message for Canberra kids from Jodie Griffiths-Cook, our Commissioner for Children and Young People. Jodie explains some things about COVID and the lockdown, and who to talk to if you’re worried or unhappy. There's also a great newsletter with 'lockdown lingo' and information about how to stay safe.|
|Tips on how to stay safe online during the COVID-19 pandemic|
Be You and Beyond Blue. Look after your mental health.
Relationships are central to education and we need our families to be connected to the school. Please stay in contact with your child’s teacher. We at St Matthew's will support your family as best we can in these difficult times.